Allison's 6th Birthday!

 I did a carnival theme for Allison's birthday. When the girls first arrived, I gave them a carousel horse coloring page & a paper lunchbag to decorate. Then, we ate corndogs, popcorn, and apples with caramel dip.
I painted some metal washers with nail polish and made them into cute little necklaces for the party. I flipped them all face down, and the girls got to go "fishing" for the one they wanted.
 We used some empty soda cans for another game. The girls even got to pick little Happy Meal stuffed animals for prizes.
 I tried to think of other Midway games at the fair & remembered ones where you won a goldfish or tossed the ball into the fishbowl. I combined that idea with Pin the Tail on the Donkey, and this is what I came up with. I thought it was cute!
 We used empty water bottles decorated with duct tape for our bowling pins. Mia was in charge of this game & got to re-set the pins for each person. I was thankful for the help & she enjoyed it too.
 Originally, this was going to be a beanbag toss, but I couldn't find them. - I think they're already packed somewhere. Luckily, I found some balls we had that worked perfectly.
 The girls loved these sticky darts that I found at Dollar Tree. I drew a target on some posterboard, and Mia & Addy colored it. EASY game & Tons of FUN!
After all our fun games, we had some free play time. Some girls played with toys, while others danced to the music. I took the chance to take photos of everyone with the birthday girl. For every set, we took a nice one & a silly one. Aren't these great?
No party birthday is complete without cake & presents. I made her chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and mini chocolate chips on top.
 When I look back, it may have been crazy-noisy, but it was fun. I was pretty proud of myself too. I actually planned for 16 (including the sisters), and I figure that I only spent about $50 on prizes, supplies, and food. Not bad at all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese...Yay!??!

Avery Updates

Video Friday