Homemade Applesauce

Since I have LOTS of apples to use now....Last night, I made some applesauce. My first batch was unsweetened. I used 10 big macintosh apples & ended up with about 6 cups of applesauce.
I also made some strawberry applesauce. (I had to make a run to the store & strawberries were on sale & RIPE.) Mmmmm....everyone had a little (hot) strawberry applesauce before bed. It was yummy.
I'm not experienced at canning, nor do I have the necessary tools, pot, jars or PATIENCE. I decided to freeze my applesauce. Besides, I like my applesauce ice-cold with a slice of hot, buttered toast. Delicious!

Comments

Pendragon Inman said…
awww, last sunday i was at your parent's home for dinner. your mom made cinnimon apple-sauce from her trees too. SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD. she made a huge crock-pot full (slow cooked) and there wasn't a lick left within 10 minutes of dinner. and Josh, Greg, Daniel, and yr Dad weren't even there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese...Yay!??!

Avery Updates

Video Friday