Idaho Excursion

When I decided that I was going to visit my family for 2 weeks, I asked my parents to plan a quick trip up to Idaho. I thought it would be great to see my mom's family, because I hadn't seen them in years. We left Friday morning on our 5+ hour drive. The kids were great and watched DVD's the whole way, but it was great to finally get out of the car.
We met up with everyone at my Aunt Connie's house. She had said to bring our swimming suits, because she had a wading pool out back for the kids. THIS is not what I expected. I had the girls' floaties, and they had fun. So, I guess it all worked out.I did not want to swim, so poor Allison was stuck on the ground with the little kids. She looks SO funny with her goggles on.Adam wrestling with his 2nd cousin, Gavin. (At least I think it's Gavin....Hard to tell behind the masks.) Uncle Justin and his newest grandson.My mom & her mom. It was great to see her. The last time we saw Great-Grandma, Adam was only 3 & she's never met the girls.On Saturday, we got together in Boise for a picnic. After, we went to the children's museum, which didn't cost me anything, because I used my local museum's membership. I love that. This light board kept Allison & London occupied for quite a while.Adam whispered (into the Whisper Dish) to Papa at the other side of the room.Amelia's favorite, was the Pet Hospital area. It was really cute with all the leashes & stuffed toys, etc.You can't see her, but Adelaide is checking out groceries for Allison & London. MAN! London threw a FIT when it was time to leave the Market. He did not want us to put away his groceries, and I had to literally drag him out. The poor little guy was tired & needed a nap. (Which he got a little while later in the car.)Trying to blow HUGE soap bubbles.Mom & her sister, Tracy. Adam & Cody (another 2nd cousin)When I was young (about 7-ish?) I remember Justin being my favorite uncle. I would take his hat or something & he would chase me around the yard. I also remember him trying to walk around with me & my brothers attached to him (one on each foot/leg and one of us hanging off of each arm). It brought back those memories, as I watched my girls immediately take to him. They talked & joked with him and giggled a lot.Before we left the family, Connie & Justin treated us to dinner. It was delicious & tons of fun to visit just a bit longer.Mom & her sister, Connie.The kids with Great-Grandma Esta.We spent Saturday night in Twin Falls, ID so we would have a little shorter drive home. We also had the chance to visit Shoshone Falls.Poor kids...Facing the sun makes it hard to get a good picture. I LOVE the look on his face!Nana & Papa Inman By the time we got home, I was tired....VERY tired. But, I am glad we went. It was a great visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese...Yay!??!

Avery Updates

Video Friday