Enjoying Winter Vaycay...

On New Year's Eve, I decided to take the kids to our local Children's Museum. Silly me, when I planned to go, I didn't think about the fact that it would be PACKED with people. Oh well. Adam invited a friend & we were on our way. We started with the paint wall like we always do.The girls love painting & this is the one place I don't mind them doing it. Hey- I don't have to clean up the mess. Bonus!The other kids went over to the Lego table.Poor Allison, another little kid took her wheels. Because it was New year's eve, there were crafts & noise makers for the 12pm (noon) countdown. The girls decorated crowns with markers & sequins. Of course, they had a blast decorating, but then didn't want to wear them.They even had a snack. There was another station set up to make-your-own snack mix. They had a couple of cereals, raisins and M&M's. The kids ate-'em-up.Adelaide is probably the one who is most like I (am) was as a child. We were having our snack, and Adelaide wandered away. Normally, I can pretty much stay in one place & keep an eye on everyone at once, but there were TOO many people. Anyway, it was almost time for them to begin their New Year's "countdown", and I couldn't find Adelaide. Adam & his friend were nowhere to help, so with Mia & Allison in-tow, I began to panic. They did the countdown & shot off confetti into the crowd. As people dispursed, I saw a worker carrying a blubbering Adelaide. No harm done. Everybody is fine.

The kids were happy to see the water exhibit opened again. (It was closed for a while for cleaning or remodeling or something.) I always end my visit in the toddler play area. I find that it is much easier to wrangle Allison there while the others continue to explore some of the other exhibits. Here is Adelaide's scrunched face. Too funny!Relax! Isn't that what vacation is all about??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese...Yay!??!

Avery Updates

Video Friday