loving your blog, btw. and i LOVE your purple monkey blog. hope you keep that one too :) i'm telling my friends about it just cuz i think it's way cool. i finally got your links put up on mine :) LOVES
Yeah, the Purple Monkey blog is just something silly, that I haven't really advertized. It's cool that you discovered it (not that it's hidden or anything). It might evolve into something else, but right now, it's just a commentary on our obsession with the Purple Monkey.
Anonymous said…
I LOVE your new look too! Sorry I have been a blog lurker on your site. Not much time to post replies these days but it is fun that you have joined the blog world!! I LOVE it! I just need to stop complaining on mine and get back to some fun posts! :-)
I decided to suck-it-up and take the family to Chuck E. Cheese for Allison's birthday. In AZ, the kids really liked going to Peter Piper Pizza for pizza & games. We've been here 2 years, and I've managed NOT to make it into Chuck E. Cheese. The kids have asked many times, but it just hasn't happened. So, I thought it would be a treat for them. A friend of mine gave me some coupons & I printed some off the Internet too. We got tons of tokens, pizza & soda for everyone. We had a pretty good time, except for 3 emotional meltdowns - ALL thanks to Mia. One meltdown because she wanted to play a specific game, another when we were down to our last 2 tokens (one for Adelaide & one for Mia). Her final tantrum was on the way out when she changed her mind at the last minute about which prize she wanted (after our turn was over). We'll have to think seriously about another birthday @ Chuck E. Cheese. - Mia says she wants to have her birthday there next month. W...
It's October, and I DO like Halloween. I think it's fun to dress up & pretend. Sometimes it's a little grotesque & scary or pretty or even silly. This year, I felt like I should embrace my "roundness". I kept thinking of ways I could emphasize my prego belly, and this is what I came up with (for about$7 too). I bought a black T-shirt (used a coupon) at Michaels. I got 1/2 yd of orange fabric for my pumpkin (which could have made 2), then 1/4yd of black, green & orange w/ polka-dots. I knew I already had some Under Wonder (Heat & Bond) stuff at home that I could use. I had an idea of how I wanted it to look, so I actually put the T-shirt on wrong-side-out & marked where I wanted the pumpkin, so I could decide how big to make it. I sewed with black thread to make lines on the pumpkin, just to embellish it a little more. I cut eyes, nose & mouth out of black & ironed it on with under wonder. Then, sewed around the outside edges. I attache...
This weekend, I had a great time! We (our YW Presidency) took our Laurels to Chicago. We had a blast. We left about 2pm on Friday & drove the 2+ hours to the city. We spent some time in Millenium park. We got to see "the bean" (The Cloud Gate) & the fountains. Some of the girls ended up soaked from playing in the fountain. At first, they were just splashing. Then, then they decuded they could take a picture that "looked" like they were laying in the water. Well, things evolved & before we knew it, these 4 were SOAKING wet. Of course, once they were wet, they decided to all hug the 4 of us leaders. Aren't they sweet? We then watched a concert on the lawn & had our picnic dinner. We were a bit loud & disruptive with the grape-fight and all the laughing. One thing we noticed, was all of the people drinking their wine @ the concert. It was a little weird. Being from AZ, having an open container of alcohol in public is a No-No. It was odd ...
Comments